Saturday, July 25, 2009

SumMerTiMe!!

We have a pool in our apt. complex, which is so nice in the summer! My sis Molly brought her girls over to swim. We had a good time!

This is my sweet niece Evelyn, who cracks me up! She was being so funny in the pool, but also made sure that I would keep a hold of her. She is one of my favorite people ever!

*********************************************************************************

Russ and I have a new neighbor who lives across from us named Tyler. He is from Alabama and working as a nurse at Primary Children's hospital. We have become friends with him and taken him to do things we like to do in Utah.
One night we took him and another one of Russ' good friends, Kyle up to the Oquirrh Mountains. We drove to the top, which is a very pretty view. When we got back down, we had a campfire and roasted hot dogs.

Tyler and Russ

Kyle and Russ

***********************************************************************************

4th of July!!

I love the 4th of July! My family has done the same thing for years. Blankets are set out earlier in the day and we meet later that night on a grassy corner down from Romney Stadium. We eat, chat, light fireworks, throw the football, then watch the firework show. It is such a good time!

Good ole' sparklers

Last year and this year on the 4th, some of us have gone up, past Preston and floated the Oneida Narrows. It is fun! The water temperature is pretty warm which is nice. This year the people who went were me, Russ, Adam, Hillary, Tom, Jeff (Tom's brother), my Dad, and we met up with my uncle Darin, aunt Kelly and her family.


The Accident

I had a great time until towards the end of the trip. There was this little waterfall area. I was the last one of our group to go over it. I think I was lifting up on my tube, so to not him my toosh (I did that earlier-hard), and I totally fell off my tube! The current was fast there and I couldn't catch up to my tube. The water kept dragging me across the rocks (it didn't help that the water was low when we went). My knees kept getting bashed over and over. It was scary! Luckily my dad was close by, so I had someone to yell for. I soon got a hold of my tube again and didn't want to look at my knees. They were all cut up and hurt. I was so shaken up. My knees hurt for days after the trip. Wow, what an adventure that was!

That same weekend, we celebrated my niece, Sophia's 1st birthday. Molly threw a cute lady bug party at her in-laws house in Nibley.

She's a cute little bug!


1 comment:

The Rigbys said...

That's too bad about your scary adventure tubing! I would be shaken up to. I'm glad you were okay though!