Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Summer So Far

We have had a good summer so far. It's hard to believe it's about half way over! Here are some of the things we've been up to:

One weekend in June we spent some time with my family. Elliot & I went to Hogle Zoo with my mom, Molly, her girls, and Adam & Hillary

Grandma Kari

Molly, Evelyn, Emily, Elliot, Sophia, Grandma Kari

Uncle Adam

Aunt Hillary & the kids (Elliot rode on top of the stroller-like a hammock)

Russell and my brother Max met up with us later.

We had breakfast at Village Inn.



Another weekend we went up American Fork Canyon with my dad, which was beautiful. We went on a little hike. Elliot likes being outside.


Elliot & I also spent some time visiting my family in Logan. Elliot had his first cookout/campfire up Logan Canyon. My brothers and Hillary camped over night, and me, my mom and Elliot went home at about midnight.

Uncle Max & Elliot
Mom & Hillary
Adam & Me



Happy 4th of July! We had another great 4th of July weekend in Logan. I've watched the fireworks on the grass below Romney Stadium for as long as I can remember.
Our little family
My family
We went to the Hyrum parade the morning of the 4th. It was Elliot's first parade.



Last week we had a big storm! I was walking around outside with Elliot and we felt some sprinkles. Then the three of us were out on our porch, when all of a sudden, there was the loudest CRASH of thunder I think I have ever heard! It was piercing! I think all of us were scared. There was lightning and rain started pouring down. There was so much water in our road.

After Russ and I put Elliot to bed, we thought we'd be spontaneous. We ran into the street in our bare feet and played in the rain! We had a little water fight & were both soaked by the time we came inside. It was a blast!



Last weekend was Steele Days in American Fork. Elliot & I went to the carnival (which was about a block and 1/2 from us) with some of Russ' family then lunch at Winger's afterward. They really do have great wings! We had a lot of fun.

Later that night we went back with Russ and my dad. Russ & I went on a couple of rides together. We both felt a bit sick after, but it was worth it.

Katrina, Oliver, Elliot, Doug (Papas), Heidi (Nana)
Elliot with Nana
Evelyn, Spencer, Katrina
Spencer seemed to like the bone better than the wings!


No comments: